Sunday, January 26, 2014

Operation Get Fit


One of my goals/resolutions/whatever you want to call them for this year is to lose weight. Like, a lot of weight. So much so I feel like it will take a lifetime to lose it all. Baby steps though. I have to keep telling myself that all this weight didn't show up overnight, and it sure as heck ain't gonna go away overnight. My steps toward fulfilling this goal were kind of vague (join Weight Watchers again, limit eating out, and get back in the gym blah blah blah).

I joined Weight Watchers again on January 7 and have been to three meetings so far. My first week of being on the plan was the same week Scott and I went to Louisiana for the George Strait & Jason Aldean concert and then my parents' house for the weekend. Needless to say I didn't eat well that week. I am weighing in on Tuesdays so that next Tuesday wasn't a very fun one. I had gained 2.2 pounds....in a week! Fortunately I didn't go in there with high expectations. This week though, after eating well and going to the gym three times for a little elliptical action, I was down 2.4 pounds!!! Overall I'm down only .2, but a loss is a loss. And I lost everything I had gained. Winner winner chicken dinner!


To be a little more specific about my Weight Watchers plan, I am currently following trying to follow the Simple Start program. This program is slightly different than their more traditional program of counting points for every single thing you eat. The Simple Start program only requires you to count your points for anything that is not a power food: fruits, veggies, whole grain breads, fat free dairy, etc. You're allowed 7 points a day of what they call indulgences: full fat cheese, baked potato, Weight Watchers treats, etc. I have done semi-well on this plan so far and will continue giving it a try for a few more weeks. It is definitely EASIER since you don't have to count every.single.thing., but if I'm not successful on it, then I will go back to the other program.

As far as the gym goes, I started out just doing cardio on the elliptical, stationary bike, or walking on the treadmill. I'm currently nursing a knee issue so I haven't been going hardcore. Scott and I did meet with a trainer to get a personalized strength training workout for each of us. We have one leg day, one ab day, and one arm day. Our plan is to go to the gym five times a week: 3 strength training + cardio days and two cardio only days.

Oh yea...the title to this post is Operation Get Fit. Maybe you'd like to know why? I'm linking up with Sarah of Venus Trapped In Mars for a weekly gathering of other bloggers' posts about what they are doing to get fit. I love getting inspiration and motivation from reading other people's posts on weight loss and exercising. It helps me remember that I'm not alone in this process!

Here's my inspiration for the upcoming week:

Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard. 


I'm choosing my hard. Are you?


Kelley


Venus Trapped in Mars

1 comment:

  1. You started off rock, but you came back full force. Stellar job on the 2.4 pounds. It sounds like you have a well thought out plan laid off. So keep at it!!! I am also on Operation Get Fit, so lets keep each other motivated! I have tons of recipes on my blog if you want to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete