Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Goal Update

One week into January already. Geez, time seems to keep going by faster and faster every year. I figured I'd do a little update on my resolutions goals so I can keep track of what's working and what's not. Let's start off with the not-doing-so-hot list.

Growing in my faith- so yea...Sunday came around after my mom was here all weekend going through wedding pictures with me (that's a post for another day), I slept like crap and woke up feeling like crap. Therefore, no church going for us. It was nice spending a lazy day at home with the husband, but I really really really want to get back to visiting churches and going to church every week. Achieving this goal basically boils down to finding the will power to get out of bed, get ready, and go. I know I will feel better about myself if I just do it. Like Nike.

That whole time seems to be going faster thing?? Yea, my days feel like there's only about five hours between the time I wake up and go to bed. I have yet to sit down with my devotionals and read. I really would like to one day make a schedule of things to do, not just a to do list. I wonder if it would make me more productive to write down specific times to do this and that and for how long. This would require a new planner...sounds like a win win to me. Who doesn't love buying planners or calendars?!

Losing weight- I've decided to not do the 10 Day Cleanse...because of the whole saving money thing. This isn't really a negative, but just figured I'd tell you that I decided not to do it so the three people that read my blog wouldn't wonder where the posts about it were.

Saving money- My name is Kelley, and I have a craft store addiction. Now everybody says "Hi Kelley!"...okay moving on. I went into a craft store the other day looking for something for my mom, and I came home with stuff for myself. Sigh.

Scott and I are going out of town to use his Christmas present (George Strait and Jason Aldean concert, yea I'm an awesome wife!) Money will be spent. But it'll be worth it to see the King on his last tour, ever.

Now to the good stuff.

After our quick little getaway to LA, we'll be going to my parents for the weekend. Therefore, we'll be going to my old church Sunday morning. Woop woop. I also joined an online Bible study group through another blog (will post on this later), and I've already purchased my book! We'll be reading and studying A Modern Girl's Guide to Bible Study by Jen Hatmaker. I'm kind of super excited about this and am itching to get started. We don't start until January 27 though. I joined Weight Watchers (again) and am super pumped for this too. I started counting my points on Sunday even though I hadn't changed my eating habits yet. Yikes! It was ugly, and the sad thing is, I didn't feel like I ate "that" bad. Monday I counted them again after making better food decisions that day, and the results were much better. Not great...but a lot better. Scott and I have also been to the gym two days in a row, and scheduled a meeting with the trainer at the gym to get a personalized workout for the both of us. Lastly, I started the 52 week money saving challenge that has been floating around on the internet...that one where you save $1 week 1, $2 week 2, $3 week 3, etc. So far so good since it's only been a dollar. ha! Starting about week 20, it's gonna get a lot harder! If When I complete it, I will have saved $1378 in one year.

So there we have it. I think I've done pretty good so far, and am looking forward to next week to see what else I can accomplish!

Till next time, 
Kelley

3 comments:

  1. You should join in the spending freeze :) So far I am doing okay although it helps that I was snowed in for the weekend. Although the cold and snow also made me skip church too. And my laziness. Ahhh... let's restart the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm making myself do a spending freeze next month. is that bad because the shortest month is Feb? as for losing weight, i've gained and lost 3x in my life. i decided last year to save up and get a nutritionist. i'm down 40 with another 30 to go. i've tried every program and it's the only one i feel really works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to see The King?? I am pretty jealous :)

    ReplyDelete