Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oh hey blog...

The 24 Day Challenge is over..and has been for a few days. The results are in!

I am down 6.25 inches overall! I'm happy with that. It doesn't seem like much, but it's better than nothing! I'm definitely not concentrating on how many pounds I've lost because my weight fluctuates drastically on the daily. I will wake up in the morning and weigh...and weigh again at night and there's sometimes a 4-5 pound difference. That's way too much fluctuating for me. So, I will just concentrate on the inches lost while keeping an eye on the pounds lost.

I'm not gonna lie...the past few days I've gone crazy with my eating. Like, almost completely back to the old way I was eating. That's probably the reason I'm not liking what the scale is saying...But all I've got to do is pick up the healthy eating at my next meal (yay for leftover fish tacos) and not let the past affect the future.

The products I've decided to continue taking are Catalyst, Omegaplex, and Spark. I will be starting a job next week that requires me to work six 12 hour shifts a week for about a month and a half, and instead of the usual coffee (with lots of creamer!) I would have in the morning to wake me up, I will be drinking Spark instead. I am hoping that I won't be too exhausted and will be able to get in some sort of exercise at least a few times a week. But I know in the past that hasn't worked out too well. I will keep taking the Catalyst to help keep up the muscle mass I have so I hopefully don't lose much or any at all if my exercising decreases. And of course the Omegaplex just to help overall health.

What I'm worried about most for this upcoming bump in the road (hello 72 hr work week!) is my eating. The job site has a cafeteria with awesome omelets and muffins. So good and easy to grab before work or on my way home - I'm not sure what shift I'll be working yet - but not so good for my waistline. I will definitely have to stay away from the cafeteria unless I'm getting a salad from the salad bar. Also there's a really good southern comfort food restaurant about 5 minutes from where I'll be staying. I've already told myself that I will NOT allow myself to have so many chicken salad sandwiches or veggie plates with creamed corn & fried okra like I did the last time I worked this job. I will try my daggum hardest to not eat out but once a week. Halloween will be happening during this time too...and the coworkers just love to bring in lots of candy and goodies for holidays and any day really. Stay.away.from.the.candy.

Since I've worked this job before, I know exactly what I'm up against. Therefore, I should be able to plan enough to get through this without losing control. I am going to pack my snacks (almonds, fruit, carrots, raisins, protein bars) and lunches (sandwich wraps, salads, rice cakes, fruit, greek yogurt) every day. I will eat breakfast every day. Dinners will hopefully be something light but filling.

I'll be staying with my uncle who has lost about 100 pounds in the past year or so...if that's not motivation I don't know what is! I can and will do this, successfully.

Off for a walk along the river with Carolina and the husband :)

Kelley

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being down so many inches! I think you rocked it! Very inspriring :)

    ReplyDelete